Now you are live, this is what you do next!
So, you have completed your beautiful e-commerce site, made it live, told all your friends and family to check it out, got all excited and sent out an email to the few people that subscribed to your splash page. And now you’re sitting there wondering why hasn’t anybody ordered?
Well here’s some advice that may help you.
First of all you need traffic. You have to ensure you are getting your site seen by your targeted audience. How do you do that? Here are a few tips:
- PPC (Pay Per Click) Google and Yahoo allow you to pay for your site to be at the top of the search engine results pages
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) – This is where you appoint a company to optimise your site to appear top of Google and other major search engines for your targeted search terms, such as, “Florists in London” or “quality kitchens in Highgate”.
- Social Media Optimisation – You find your targeted audience on Twitter & Facebook as well as the other popular Social Media platforms become friends with them and “softly” sell to them.
If you do all of the above you will get traffic to your site! Now you have the traffic, how can you maximise the possibility of them buying your product or services? What should the site do to make every visitor potentially buy from you?
First of all the site will have to be geared up to make people want to buy. So what methods can help?:
- Automatic messages with prompts that encourage users to buy. How’s this for an idea ? – A first time visitor is detected by a rule written on the site and a nice message appears on the footer saying:“First time buyer on our site? Well here is a gift for you, use code 5555 to save 10% off your first order! Valid today only”
- Live Chat – You can have this setup so the user can click and ask a question and talk directly to you, or you can set-up a proactive chat window that appears after a certain time.“We have noticed you have been on the site for a while, do you need any assistance?” click here to LIVE chat.
- Speed up your site – We have said this time and time again. Ensure your site is quick to load for the user. Slow sites put buyers off and they will leave you and buy elsewhere.
- Add Video to your site where you can to make potential shoppers understand what the products do and the benefits of buying them from you!
These are just a few suggestions, if you want to know more get in touch and we will guide you on the best ways for your business to become an online success.